1. An additional STORAGE AREA FOR WET PAINTINGS.
2. Some way of KEEPING MY PALETTE FROM GETTING ON EVERYTHING I OWNED. (I have two kinds of clothes: those with paint on them....and those that WILL get paint on them!)
And I was looking for a LARGER PALETTE, WITH IT'S OWN STORAGE AREA.
3. I also needed a box that would allow me to do LARGER PANELS, than the size it was, in this case an 8 x 10 pochade.
4. I needed something that WOULD SET UP FASTER. To any plein air painter, the word WING NUT can be considered a
"4 letter word"!?! NOTHING is more exhausting, then "winging" out all these nuts, to set up a French easel, only to find out that the scene which WAS...IS NO MORE!!! (Thanks to all those wing nuts!!)
5. After "loosing" Russian boxes and French easels, due to small gusts of wind, that knocked over all of them, landing them on their corners, and destroying the rabbit joint seams. I NEEDED SOMETHING THAT I COULD REPAIR ON THE SPOT.
16 x 20 (BUT NOT in the gail force winds of Ireland...unless very well anchored!!) by using a small hand clamp to hold the panel in place.